Finally getting some work finished and framed. It's a busy time but very exciting to see my pile of unfinished work finally getting smaller. Ron has been a great help with the framing which has made it so much easier for me to get other things done. As an artist I just want to keep on working on new ideas and I hate that final step which is the framing etc. I don't know why. I should love it, being able to see the final outcome etc. but for some reason at that point I feel like I just want to move on to the next piece. I think many artist feel this way, maybe they do. So getting the help with this has been wonderful. I'm very grateful. So work is now in the Etsy shop and more is coming soon.
The tapestry finishing is taking some time but that is on the way also. I've changed my mind about the 4" tapestries. I like them better in a line up of 3. So I'm changing the layout on those. On the looms...well, there are still several on the loom rolled up on the beam of "Big Pooh" aka my Varpapuu. On the Mirrix I have a 10"x10" tapestry that I'm weaving for the ATA Tapestry show. It's a juried show so I'll have to wait to see if it gets in. I hope so. I really love the way it is developing. I'm refraining from showing in progress pics of that one because of the show etc. So things are moving right along around here this summer. Hope your having a nice summer too.
I'll leave you with a pic of my latest vintage sewing find. A Bernina 830 Record from 1978. As you may or may not know I'm crazy for vintage sewing machines. I love to restore them to their formal glory. This one was in great shape when I got her she just needed a good cleaning, lubing, and her feed dog button was stuck. That is very common with machines that have be sitting unused. That's fixed now and she is working like a charm. I wanted a mechanical Bernina that I could work on myself. You can't really do that with computerized sewing machines. Well, here she is. Isn't she sweet. :)